Posts tagged with ‘comedy’
FLASHBACK FRIDAY 12 - SODA POP COUGH DROP
Several years ago Vicki and I drove out to the Mojave desert and shot a short film called Soda Pop Cough Drop. Vicki played Soda Pop, and I played Cough Drop. The basic premise was as follows…
Soda Pop and Cough Drop are alone in the desert working on a routine goldfish rescue operation.
Cough Drop botches the routine goldfish rescue operation. He blames his epic failure on the water, which he claims “teems with sharks”.
As they nap in their tent during a routine napping operation, Cough Drop has a bad dream about a “half man half shark” creature eating poor innocent goldfish. He can’t sleep so he leaves the tent to fly his goldfish kite.
Cough Drop is abducted by a flying hammerhead shark. As he’s being abducted he lets Soda Pop know via walkie talkie.
Soda Pop spends the rest of the movie trying to rescue Cough Drop from the flying hammerhead shark.
That’s pretty much it. It was a rather terrible filmmaking experience for several reasons…
1. We didn’t have a location planned beforehand, so most of the day was spent looking for a place to shoot.
2. It was a million degrees out.
3. We had no food.
4. We saw a giant snake and that freaked us out the hell out, as we were literally in the middle of nowhere and had zero anti-venom on hand. Had it a) been poisonous and b) bitten us, we probably would have died that day and our bodies would still be out there.
5. In addition to playing every character in the film, Vicki and I also shot the entire thing ourselves, which is not so easy when you’re hot, haven’t eaten, and are fighting a sun that’s setting fast. The possibility of being killed by a wild animal didn’t help much either.
Anyway, I guess that’s about it. Here’s a few behind-the-scenes polaroids of me being abducted by the flying hammerhead shark…
HANS & ANDRE
A few days ago I posted a polaroid of Hans & Andre for my “Flashback Friday” post. I mentioned that the polaroid was taken on the set of a frisbee shopping cart adventure film starring Hans and Andre. Well, I found the film and here it is.
After watching this for the first time in probably seven years today here are my thoughts…
1. I was into two very different types of music at the time.
2. I’m not sure what was going on with my hair.
3. I can’t believe I wore that shirt. I love bowling and always have.
4. I used to be in much better shape than I am now. If I were to try any of those stunts today my old man knees would let me have it.