MY IPHONE SHOT OF THE WEEK - “EXCITEBIKE”
I liked this one best because of the awesome dilapidated seat and the fact that it made me think of EXCITEBIKE, one of the best 80’s Nintendo games ever! Also, I like orange.
For those of you unfamiliar with EXCITEBIKE, here’s a picture of the original box!!! I found it using a website called Google.
I wish I could still pop a wheelie like cute little EXCITEBIKE MAN, but these days I can’t even do a sit-up without crying, so that’s probably not gonna happen.
Anyway, feel free to check out more of my daily iphone photos here.
MY IPHONE SHOT OF THE WEEK - LEANING TOWER OF CRATES
If this stack of gravity defying crates was moved to a gallery space at the MOMA it’d probably sell for a million bucks at Sotheby’s. I’m not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing, but it’s definitely some sort of thing that makes me wonder about what the hell makes something art, and who should get the credit.
This is blowing my mind a little bit. I mean, I took this photo, but I’m definitely not the artist, that title belongs to whoever set up this awesome gravity defying stack of crates. But what’s crazy is that the person who set up these crates probably did so with no intent of creating “art”, but rather “trash”. I wonder how many regular folks have never gotten credit for their incredible temporary art installations.
Anyway, here’s a few more pictures of this most wonderful piece (artist unknown)…
If you’d like to see more of my daily iphone photos documenting other people’s inadvertent “street art” click here.
MY IPHONE SHOT OF THE WEEK - “THE ROCK SLUG”
For some reason I rather liked this shot of a pile of random rocks just sort of hanging out in a suburban cul-de-sac. Here’s why…
1. With their powers combined all of the stones have conspired together to form “The Rock Slug”, and as such, they are slowly on their way to absorb and destroy all mini-vans and the soccer moms who drive them.
2. I think maybe there’s a big dead body (or two small bodies) buried under those rocks.
3. It reminds me of the suburbs where I grew up. My sister buried many a dead gerbil in our back yard, and atop each gerbil grave a big ol’ rock would serve as the tomb stone. Off the top of my head I remember burying Cookie, Cherry, Cupcake, Candy, and Cinnamon (Perhaps my sister’s naming scheme was bad luck?).
Anyway, if you’d like to see more boring photos like the one above, feel free to check out my iPhone blog, it’s called iPhoneosaurus Rex and it goes ROOOARRRR!!!!
Note to self: Ask my parents why they kept buying my sister gerbils when they knew that they would surely die at her hand.
This manatee is..
a. stealing the mailbox so that he can pawn it for some kelp.
b. trying to eat the mailbox because he ate all his kelp and is still hungry.
c. praying that the mailman delivers some envelopes filled with kelp.
d. thinking to himself “Dude, how much kelp did I smoke? Is this a mailbox? Should I eat it? I think I’ll eat it.”
I’m gonna go with “D”. Just look at his eyes, my man(atee) is baked like a cupcake.
MY IPHONE SHOT OF THE WEEK - “AIN’T NOTHIN’ BUT A THING”
From a technical standpoint this probably wasn’t my best shot, but it’s nonetheless my favorite, here’s why…
1. I like the “can do” attitude of whoever owns this car. I like to think that this person walked out to his car one morning, saw someone had crashed into it, and instead of throwing a fit, he simply said to himself “ain’t nothin’ but a thing baby, ain’t nothin’ but a thing”. He walked back in his house, grabbed some duct tape, patched up the damage, and continued on his merry way to buy some fish food.
2. I like how the license plate says “ERB”. My grandpa’s name was Herb and it made me think of him for the first time in a while. Grandpa Herb was a rather fantastic fellow.
Finally, here’s a photo from back in the day of my Mom and Grandpa Herb relaxin’ in our back yard (I’m particular fond of my mom’s wardrobe selection)…
Anyway, if you’d like to see more of my daily iPhone photos click here.
MY DAILY JOURNAL THING
So I started a new tumblr blog.
If you enjoy mediocre drawings and/or watching someone fail to achieve most of their daily goals, feel free to follow along. If not, no worries, I’m sure as hell not gonna follow either. I don’t know about you, but I prefer to look at good drawings.
DAILY JOURNAL THING 01 - BIFF AND LORRAINE
So yesterday I got myself a moleskine notebook for several pathetic reasons…
1. I want to start each and every day by writing down a list of goals that I’ll never reach. Not now, not never.
2. I want to start writing down ideas for film projects that’ll absolutely never see the light of day. Not today, not tomorrow, not infinity.
3. I want to write down lyrics and jokes for my comedy album that will never happen because the sun will explode first.
4. I’d like to try to draw something every day. Unfortunately for you guys this one might actually happen.
Anyway, if you examine my pathetic list you’ll see that I conquered three of my eight goals today!!! Sadly they were the easiest three conquer, but I reckon a false sense of accomplishment is better than no sense of accomplishment. And to be honest, I’m actually pretty happy with how Biff and Lorraine turned out. Biff’s beard is looking strong, and I rather dig Lorraine’s haircut and mouth.
Finally, this “Daily Journal Thing” might become a regular thing, I dunna know. Feel free to unfollow this blog if you originally followed me because you thought all I did was post photos. Seriously, it’s cool, no hard feelings. I wouldn’t follow me if I was me, that’s for sure.
THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH RIGBY ZISSOU
Once my fish decide to stop hiding in the damn corner and come out for their inaugural photo shoot I’ll post some real photos. Until then this gratuitously vintage instagram porn will have to do.